- Go to whatever lengths necessary to make sure you always have paper on you.
- Keep a swipe file. It's just what it sounds like-a file to keep track of the stuff you've swiped from others. It con be digital or analog-it doesn't matter what form it takes, as long as it works. You can keep a scrapbook and cut and paste things into it, or you can just take pictures of things with your camera phone.
- As Salvador Dalí said, "Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing."
- The cartoonist Tom Gauld says he stays away from the computer until he's done most of the thinking for his strips, because once the computer is involved, “things are on an inevitable path to being finished.
- Whereas in my sketchbook the possibilities are endless."
- Creative people need time to just sit around and do nothing.
- The best way to vanquish your enemies on the Internet? Ignore them.
- If you ever find that you're the most talented person in the room, you need to find another room.
1. STEAL LIKE AN ARTIST.
2. DON'T WAIT UNTIL You KNOW WHO yOu ARE TO GET STARTED.
3. WRITE THE B00K you WANT TO READ.
4. USE YOUR HANDS.
5. SIDE PROJECTS AND HOBBIES ARE IMPORTANT THE SECRET:
6. DO GOOD WORK AND SHARE IT WITH PEOPLE.
7. GEOGRAPHY IS No LONGER OUR MASTER .
8. BE NICE. (THE WORLD IS A SMALL TOWN. )
9. BE BORING. (1'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET WORK DONE.)
10. CREATIVITY IS SUBTRACTION.