- Nutrition science, which after all only got started less than two hundred years ago, is today approximately where surgery was in the year 1650—very promising, and very interesting to watch, but are you ready to let them operate on you?
- Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
- “The whiter the bread, the sooner you’ll be dead.”
- Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.
- Pay more, eat less.
- “Better to pay the grocer than the doctor.”
- It can take twenty minutes before your brain gets the word that your belly is full; that means that if you take less than twenty minutes to finish a meal, the sensation of satiety will arrive too late to be of any use.
- If you are going to snack, try to limit yourself to fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
- Some people follow a so-called S policy: “no snacks, no seconds, no sweets—except on days that begin with the letter S.”